The Best Way To Maintain Your Tile Floor
You’ve done it, you’ve finally picked and laid the most perfect tiles for your home. Below we have listed the best way to maintain your tiled floor. Yes tile flooring can be durable and hard wearing but you must look out for signs of dirt and grime.
Top Tips To Maintain Your Tiles
- Regularly sweep and or vacuum your floor to remove the surface dust and debris.
- Keep an eye out for any stains. If you know what has been split then you can use the best solution to clean it off. Acting quickly when it comes to stains and spills is key.
- Sponge mops can push dirty water into the grout lines, so choose your mop wisely. A chamois or rag style mop is best for cleaning your tiles. Also change your water frequently when you are moping.
- It is best to dry your tiles after you have cleaned them and not to let them air dry. Water spots can form on top of glazed tiles especially, when left to air dry. Use a lint free cloth to dry the tiles immediately. Be kind to your knees by using your feet.
How To Care For Natural Stone Tiles
Porcelain and ceramic tiles require the least in terms of special care. In contrast granite, slate, marble and other natural stone tiles will need more speciality treatment.
- Slate tiles can be cleaned with a mild detergent as long as it doesn’t contain acidic properties such a vinegar and lemon.
- Marble can be classed as a high maintenance tile. You need to be vigilant when choosing a marble cleaner, it must be PH neutral. Also stay clear of any brushes that could scratch the marble, so no hard bristles or scouring pads.
- Granite, again needs a mild detergent which is PH neutral . A harsh cleaner used on granite can leave streaks and discolourations.
The best way to maintain your tile floor doesn’t need to be a complicated process, these simple tips really will help. If you are looking for advice on grout cleaning click here to read a blog with tips and tricks on the best way to tackle your grout.CALL THE MCMILLAN TEAM ON 0141 892 6310
McMillan’s are professional tile cleaners, based in Glasgow. We cover Glasgow and all its surrounding areas, servicing both domestic and commercial properties. We can successfully clean and restore all types of tiles and hard flooring. Call us for a free quotation today.
Thank you for reading our blog on the best way to maintain your tile floor.
May 30, 2019 3:02 pm Tags: Glasgow tile cleaner, How To Maintain Your Tile Floor, Professional Tile and Grout Cleaning Glasgow, Professional Tile Cleaning Glasgow
Author Ewan Mcmillan